Before Booking and Trip Preparation –
If you are booking between November-March there is a chance of snow on the road and on the mountain. You should come prepared with chains on your wheels or 4-wheel drive for safe travel. We provide shovels in each cabin in the unlikely event there is a big snow event when you arrive. Your rental confirmation will get you up on the mountain – please make sure you bring a copy of this and your reservation confirmation and you will be able to enter the mountain as a temporary resident. Weather can be checked at www.mtlemmonweather.com and we encourage you to check the forecast at this website before your trip.
Driving Directions –
Take the Mt. Lemmon Highway or General Hitchcock Road from Tucson.
Take the main road into Summerhaven. We are on Sabino Canyon immediately past the Community Center on the westside (or right side when driving in) of the road. We are directly across the street from the General Store and Sawmill Run Restaurant. Please obey the posted speed limits, as the road has many turns and there are sheriffs throughout.
- Check-in begins at 3PM; checkout is no later than 10AM.
- To unlock: Enter your four-digit code (provided to guest before arrival date via text) and press the checkmark button.
- To lock from outside: Press the checkmark button.
- Check-in/Check-out instructions are provided via text message unless otherwise requested.
- There is general parking in the back of cabins and in front. It is a first come first serve basis.
Any illegally or unauthorized parked vehicles are subject to towing. Applicable fines and towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
- Turn off all lights and AC/heat.
- Please put any dirty towels on the floor in the bathroom.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Doublecheck your belongings to ensure there aren’t cabin possessions that somebody in your party has accidently packed away.
- These are non-smoking buildings. Violators risk forfeiting their security deposits.
- Maximum occupancy is limited to 4 guests, with exceptions considered only for families with young children. The number of guests must not exceed original number of guests scheduled during booking.
- People other than those in the Guest party, as originally scheduled, may not stay overnight on the property; however, while present on the property, they are the sole responsibility of Guest.
- Minimum rental age is 21. Primary adult Guest (21 and older) must remain on the property for the term of the rental and acknowledges that he or she is legally responsible for compliance by all occupants and guests of this short-term rental unit, as outlined in this Rental Agreement.
- Parents have full and sole responsibility to monitor and safeguard their children.
- Assignment/Subletting: Tenant shall not sublet all or any part of cabin or assign or transfer this Agreement or any interest in it.
- No pets are allowed on or around the property unless you are in a pet-friendly unit and a pet deposit has been paid. No exceptions.
- Noise Restrictions: Avoid creating loud or unreasonable noise between 10 p.m. – 9 a.m. No party or loud music allowed. In the event of dispute, Mt. Lemmon Hotel shall determine, in its sole discretion, whether the noise must terminate or Guests face eviction.
- There is no daily maid service. Long-term guests can request trash pick-up as needed for no additional fee.
- Mt Lemmon Hotel is not responsible for accidents, injuries, or illness that occur while on the property, cabins or its facilities.
- Mt Lemmon Hotel is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest or occupant. By scheduling this reservation, it is agreed that all Guests and occupants are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the property or others whom they invite to use the property.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. An inventory of items will be conducted after checkout to account for all items and make sure everything is in good working order.
- Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- If a temporary repair is required, you agree to permit access to the cabin for the repairs upon notification. We shall not be liable to you for damages and no refund will be given in case of temporary failure of our equipment or appliances.
- Mt Lemmon Hotel shall not be liable for any inconvenience arising from stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity, plumbing, weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, change in policy (rules & regulations) by Pima County, or reasons beyond the control of Mt Lemmon Hotel.
- In the event of a mess requiring excessive cleaning, excessive utility usage (i.e. AC on when no one’s home) or other cost incurred to Mt Lemmon Hotel due to Guest’s stay, Guest will be billed for the costs to Mt. Lemmon Hotel.
- Mediation: Guests and Mt Lemmon Hotel agree to mediate any dispute or claim arising between them out of this Rental Agreement. Mediation fees, if any, shall be divided equally among the parties involved. Mediation location must be within 45 miles of this property.
- Each party waives his right to trial by jury in any matter and action under this Rental Agreement.
- Violations of any part of this Rental Agreement may lead to immediate eviction and may result in forfeiture of security deposit and rent and, in the sole discretion of Mt Lemmon Hotel, if damages exceed the security deposit, the damages may be charged to the Guest.
- Mt Lemmon Hotel may change the terms of its Rental Agreement from time to time without further notice.
- By completing this booking – Guests agree to the terms of this Rental Agreement.
There will not be any food provided by Mt Lemmon Hotel in the cabin. You can bring your own food, eat out or shop at the General Store when you arrive. Here is what the cabin comes with:
- Stove, microwave, refrigerator/freezer
- Basic cooking utensils, pots, pans, mixing bowls and dishes
- Can opener
- Dish strainer
- Coffee maker (requires filters and coffee)
- Cutting board
- Queen bed
- Queen bed sofa sleeper
- Flat-screen TV
- Modest decorations
- Nightstand and lamp
- Broom and pan
- Oven mitts
- Electric fireplace
- Stand-up shower in the bathroom
- Snow shovel (just in case)
Mt. Lemmon Hotel Pet Policy
- Mt Lemmon Hotel is proud to offer 6 pet-friendly cabins for your convenience.
- A $35 non-refundable pet fee is added to the cost of the cabin to account for additional cleaning by our cleaning service.
- There are no more than three pets allowed in any cabin.
- Acceptable pets include only house-trained dogs and litter box trained cats with your own a litter box (not provided by Mt Lemmon Hotel)
- Pet owners must always keep their dogs on leashes when outside of the cabin.
- Pet owners are responsible for bringing pet food, food bowls and water bowls.
- Cat owners are responsible for bringing cat litter and box for their cats.
- As the pet owner, you are financially responsible for any damage caused by your pets to the cabin, furniture, items inside or outside the cabin, and for cleaning up the poop prior to leaving. The cost of damage will be taken out of the security deposit and charged to the Guest if the damage exceeds the security deposit.
- We hope you and your furry friends enjoy your stay at Mt Lemmon Hotel!
- If a guest cancels and provides 15 days or more notice before their reservation is set to
begin (i.e. not including check in day) – they are eligible to get a full refund of the nightly rate,
the cleaning fee and pet fee (if applicable). Rescheduling is allowed at no cost during this
time-period. There will be a one time $30 cancellation fee that will be assessed. This covers
our costs to the credit card company.
- If a guest cancels within 14 days or less notice before their reservation is set to begin –
they will be refunded only the cleaning fee and pet fee (if applicable). This includes
reservations that were made within 14 days of their check in date. Rescheduling is not
allowed during this time period. If guests are unable to attend, they may gift their existing
reservation to a responsible friend or family member at no charge.
For winter months on Mt. Lemmon (October – April): Weather can change very quickly.
- Please check the weather in advance and prepare for cold and snow. If you are planning on
driving up during this time, you should have 4-wheel drive or snow chains to be adequately
prepared. During winter months – if Catalina Highway is open for residents and you are not
granted access up the mountain because you do not have 4-wheel drive or snow chains, you
are not eligible for a refund of the nightly rate. This is considered the same as canceling with
14 days or less notice. We will do everything we can to accommodate early check-ins or late
check-outs to minimize travelling in the snow. Please plan accordingly for winter travel.
We want you to enjoy your stay and encourage you to call or email us at [email protected] or text message us at (520) 277-2478 with ANY questions.